Thursday, January 6, 2011

1/6/10: Truth hurts

I found out the truth about myself yesterday, and it hurt. The worst part is, I told myself the truth. I realized I have the tendency to exaggerate pain, for example if someone says "oh Love, shut up" depending on my mood my mind will magnify that to "Love shut the H@#$ UP! You are always talking! ooh I cant stand you!" and then I wonder why I get my feelings hurt so quickly. I decided today to try to see things at face value. So the next time someone does something to me, its just that, something. It doesn’t change who they are or their relationship with me, they simply did something. I don’t know if you understand what I am saying and whether or not it applies to you but I hope you take time out to tell yourself the truth once in a while.

I find the best time to do a self check is during traffic. There is nothing like sitting in a car for 90 minutes, turning the radio off and just meditating. You find a lot about yourself that way. No one is perfect, so when you find out all your many flaws, please don’t be overwhelmed or depressed, take it one issue at a time. For example, there is more to my “truths” I found about myself than just exaggerating pain, but I have anger issues too and several others but I will work on this first because I know that if I can stop thinking the worse of people and what they really mean when they offend me, I can suppress and manage my anger better.

I am in a happy place today, made a very important decision in my life today and I pray it’s the right one. One thing I am sure of though, God’s grace is sufficient for me!!!!
His grace can help you through your “truths too”

That’s all for today guys, I’m sleepy!!!

Proverbs 3:34
"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble"

No comments:

Post a Comment